Don’t get scammed! Here are tips to avoid a locksmith scam
Got locked out and don’t know what to do and whom to contact now? Such kind of situation is very embarrassing and frustrating. Don’t wait for the last minute, you need a person who is able to get out of you this situation. You need to know advance whom you should contact at the time. You should keep a phone number of your locksmith in your mobile.
If you don’t have a contact number your locksmith, take your time and try to find the trustworthy and reliable locksmith company in your emergency situation. Locksmith scammers are always trying to desperate homeowners into overpaying for emergency services. These people are mostly unlicensed and unqualified. You need to be extra careful while you contact to a locksmith service provider.
- Look for a local locksmith: Start your search from your local area is the best and easy way to know whether the company is reliable or not. Call the company and ask some detailed questions. If you are in an emergency, be aware. Many fraud companies try to take an advantage from your situation. It is recommended that you find a company with a local address. Search on the Google with a specific local place name.
- Check license: When a locksmith reaches you, ask him for his identification and also check his license. If the locksmith arrives you in an unmarked vehicle, be careful. All the licensed businesses have a master security license number and this number is also displayed on vehicle signage. If you cannot find it, ask him about it.
- Ask for a cost: When you make a call to locksmith company, make sure you ask for the price. Average service cost is at least $60. The cost of a locksmith depends on your location. How far you live from the company. Some companies charge you some extra charges, according to distance.
- Don’t let the locksmith drill your lock: If you are locked out of your house or a car, be aware of locksmiths who insist you replacing or drilling the lock. Drilling is only required to open a high security lock. Experienced and professional locksmiths never recommend you unlock the door with a drill.
- Beware of the internet ads: The internet is an important part of everyone’s life. Scammers know people depends on the internet to find a reliable company. They build their own ad campaign and convince the people to hire their services. They bait you with a very low price and after completing the job, they charge you ten times more than a reputable locksmith company.
Remember, many trustworthy and reliable locksmith companies provide a uniform to their technicians and they drive marked vehicles. If you are looking for a reputed and credible locksmith company in Vancouver, you can come to us.
Notice: compact(): Undefined variable: limits in /home/admin/web/emergencylocksmithvancouver.ca/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 853
Notice: compact(): Undefined variable: groupby in /home/admin/web/emergencylocksmithvancouver.ca/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 853